The Tongsheng mid drive 500W motor is a great way to upgrade your bike to an ebike. Unlike the Bafang motors, it rewards effort by helping more as you pedal more (it has a built in torque sensor). They are also significantly smaller and lighter than the Bafang units.
Please watch the video below to see how to install, or we can install for you.
- 48V 500W mid drive motor with torque sensor
- Brake sensors are not required
- Thumb throttle – this provides assistance when you pedal
- Suitable for most bikes
- LCD Display
- 42T chainwheel
- Replacement cranks (both sides!)
- All required cables
- Fits 67 – 73mm BSA bottom bracket. Contact us if you need help identifying
We sell this motor with 2 screen options:
- VLCD5 – this is a fairly large black and white screen, meaning it’s clear and easy to use. It mounts in the middle of your handlebars. It has button controls below the screen and then a small extra controller that you mount near the handlebar grips. This is the most popular screen we offer.
- XH18 – This is a small colour screen. It mounts by your left handlebar and is nicely styled to sit alongside the grip.
Can I fit this myself?
Read our fitting guide here. If you require tools to take off your bottom bracket, pedal cranks and maybe split your chain, follow this link to purchase all of the tools. If in doubt, get us to do the work!
How do I know if this mid drive motor fits for my bike?
This mid drive motor is designed to fit bikes with a 68mm (2.68inch) or 73mm (2.87inch) wide bottom bracket. The inner diameter of the bracket should be not less than 33.5mm. Most modern bikes sold in the UK meet this standard (but please check). We have a bottom bracket guide here.
We also provide a set of spacers to help you adjust the motor to fit your bike.
The Tongsheng torque sensor motor kit comes with a 1 year warranty based on purchase date. Please return to us for repair or replacement.
UK Legal Status
This is a 500W motor so is not UK road legal (maximum UK road legal size is 250W).