Tongsheng 48V 500W Mid-Drive Motor TSDZ2B (Torque Sensing)
The Tongsheng 500W 48V mid-drive motor is NOT LEGAL for on road use. THIS CAN BE LEGALLY RIDDEN ON PRIVATE LAND ONLY WITH THE LANDOWNERS PERMISSION.
Considering using our Workshop Build Service – find out more here!
Please select a 48v battery HERE.
1 in stock
TheTongsheng 48V 500W Mid-Drive Motor TSDZ2B is a torque sensing motor, which means it detects the force applied while pedaling. The harder you pedal, the more power the motor delivers. Additionally, this motor features a double clutch system, resulting in minimal resistance when using the bike with the kit powered off. The display of this motor offers four different modes to select from, each providing varying levels of assistance.
The motors are waterproofed for normal UK use. In other words they are fine with rain, frost, snow and mud. However they are not designed to be submerged in water.
Please watch the video below to see how to install, or we can install for you.
- Tongsheng 48V 500W Mid-Drive motor TSDZ2B with torque sensor
- Connection between battery and motor will require soldering
- Changing the connector will NOT invalidate your warranty
- No thumb throttle
- Brake sensors are not required
- Suitable for most bikes
- LCD Display
- 42T chainwheel
- Replacement cranks (Left and right)
- Wiring harness
- Fits 68 – 73mm BSA bottom bracket. Contact us if you need help identifying
We sell this motor with 3 screen options:
- VLCD5 – this is a fairly large black and white screen, meaning it’s clear and easy to use. It mounts in the middle of your handlebars. It has button controls below the screen and then a small extra controller that you mount near the handlebar grips.
- VLCD6 – This is the smallest screen.
- XH18 – This is a small colour screen. It mounts by your left handlebar and is nicely styled to sit alongside the grip.
Can I fit this myself?
Connection between battery and motor will require soldering. These motors are supplied with bullet connectors and our batteries are supplied with XT90 connectors, you will receive the corresponding XT90 connector with your battery. Changing the connector will NOT invalidate your warranty.
If you require tools to take off your bottom bracket, pedal cranks and maybe split your chain, follow this link to purchase all of the tools. If in doubt, get us to do the work!
How do I know if this mid drive motor fits for my bike?
The Tongsheng 48V 500W Mid-Drive motor TSDZ2B is designed to fit bikes with a 68mm (2.68inch) or 73mm (2.87inch) wide bottom bracket. The inner diameter of the bracket should be not less than 33.5mm. Most modern bikes sold in the UK meet this standard (but please check). We have a bottom bracket guide here.
We also provide a set of spacers to help you adjust the motor to fit your bike.
UK Legal Status
The Tongsheng 48V 500W Mid-Drive motor TSDZ2B is not UK road legal (maximum UK road legal size is 250W).
|Dimensions||26 × 26 × 26 cm|
|Bottom Bracket Size|
VLCD5 – large black & white screen, VLCD6 – small black & white screen, XH18 – small colour screen